These cloth diaper newborn inserts are unique because they are backed with waterproof PUL. The waterproof fabric makes these so versatile:
– They can be used with Kijani newborn covers or any newborn diaper covers
– the waterproof backing keeps the cover dry so it can be used multiple times before being washed
– You can turn any pocket diaper into a cover by laying this insert on top of the pocket. The insert will keep the pocket diaper dry so it can stay on your baby longer. Perfect to keep your baby in your favorite diaper for a longer stretch of time
– These inserts can give new life into diapers that have been delaminated (where the PUL in the diaper has broken down). Kijani inserts can be used even with delaminated diapers.
– The last 2 inches do not have waterproof PUL so that the insert can be folded over to fit into a variety of sized diapers The top of the insert is made with stay dry suedecloth to keep your baby dry and comfortable. The inner absorbent layers are a mix of bamboo and unbleached cotton jersey. The mix of cotton and bamboo creates a very absorbent insert with all natural fabrics. Kijani inserts can be used with any newborn wraps, covers, all in two, or pocket diapers. Kijani is a social business based in Kampala, Uganda that creates unique, high quality cloth diapers while empowering Ugandan mamas through fair wages and good working conditions.
We aim to offer the best reuseable nappies available in the U.K, so you can make the switch to cloth nappies easily. Having a little one brings much joy and some challenges, but your cloth nappy choice shouldn’t be one of them! We are happy to answer any questions you may have about washable nappies and help you make the right choice to find the best fit for your baby.